Frequently Asked Questions
- For printed information, click on these brochures:
- Religious exceptions
- Do indefinitely confined voters have to provide a photo ID?
- Who are indefinitely confined voters?
- PROOF OF WISCONSIN RESIDENCY FOR STATE ID CARD
- PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP OR LEGAL STATUS FOR STATE ID CARD
- PROOF OF IDENTITY FOR STATE ID CARD
- PROOF OF NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH FOR STATE ID CARD
- Important things to know:
- These photo IDs are also acceptable for voting purposes, but must be unexpired:
- These are acceptable for voting purposes, and can be unexpired or expired after the date of the most recent general election (currently, the November 8, 2016 election):
- How do I get a free photo ID to vote?
- Do I need a special voter photo ID card?
- What IDs are acceptable?
- When will I be required to show a photo ID to vote?